Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Representative Thomson explains why he wanted to Ban Dawkins from speaking at OU.

Drum roll please….

“I am trying to promote freethinking,” said Thomsen when asked about the resolution.“I strongly oppose the Department of Zoology for their unwillingness to lead our state in this discussion and not have opposing views in this matter.”

I’m scratching my head on this one…he wants to promote freethinking by censoring who can and cannot speak at the University…hmmmm does something sound odd about that to you?

I’m also not exactly sure what Representative Thomson would like for Oklahoma University’s Zoology department to do. Are they suppose to ignore all of the evidence that has been collected for the past 15 decades that supports evolution and start to make arguments of ID for the sole reason of having opposing view even if there is no scientific evidence to support it?

There is a very g00d article about this in the Oklahoma Daily.

No comments: